Simple, everyday food that is healthy and delicious!
Sweet roasted corn, juicy tomatoes bursting with flavor and black beans all together making this a great summery salad. I also added some avocado as an after thought, so be sure to add some of that if you like. It was so good!
BLACK BEAN, ROASTED CORN & TOMATO SALAD
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1 can (14 oz) organic black beans
- 1 corn on the cob
- 1 dry pint grape or cherry tomatoes (or about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 jalapeno, diced and seeds removed
- 1 small shallot, diced or 1/4 cup onion of choice
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- cilantro, as much as you like
- lime wedges, to serve
- avocado, diced (optional)
- Cashew Sour Cream or Lime-Cilantro Cashew Cream, optional
- mineral salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Roast your corn either by wrapping in tin foil or if using corn in the husk, soak for 5 min and cook in the husk. Add tomatoes and corn on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 25 min.
In the meantime, heat black beans on low together with the jalapenos, shallot, garlic and optional cumin. Clean your romaine lettuce and chop.
When corn is done, cut off the cob, add corn to the black bean mixture. Serve bean mixture on top of your chopped romaine adding some of the juice for extra moisture and flavor if you like. Top with tomatoes, cilantro, salt and pepper and a big squeeze of lime. Add a dollop of the cashew sour cream or lime-cilantro cashew cream for extra deliciousness!