Mash your beans and mix it all together…
And now for the money shot! Having fun with my iphone and the VSCO Cam app (it’s free), managed to create this final mouthwatering picture…veggie love at first sight!
- 1/2 cup quinoa (I used tri-color)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons thyme, divided (oregano would be good too)
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper, optional
- 1 can (15 oz.) white beans (I used cannellini), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup corn, fresh or frozen (about 1/2 fresh corn off the cob)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely diced (about 1/2 bell pepper)
- 1/2 cup shallot, finely diced (about 1 medium) or red onion
- juice of one lemon
- 1/3 cup oat flour, or flour of choice
- 1 Ener-G egg replacer or 1 flax egg (1 Tbs flaxseed meal + 3 Tbs water), optional*
- mineral salt & cracked pepper, to taste
- coconut or olive oil, to grease
- tomato, sliced
- leafy greens
- avocado, sliced or mashed
- red onion, sliced
- whole grain or dijon mustard (hummus or vegan mayo is great too)
- sriracha or Sriracha Cashew Cream (use the sriracha cream in place of mustard)
- burger buns of choice
Serve on bun or bed of leafy greens with choice of toppings!
The patties can be made ahead of time and stored covered in the refrigerator for a couple days prior to cooking.
*I have a sneaky feeling that this can be made without the use of any egg replacer if you don’t have it available. I have it here for good measure until I try without (in the comments you will see that it has been done). If you decide not to use an egg replacer, when adding the flour, just try adding two – three tablespoons of water instead if needed…the amount may depend on the flour you’re using.
For mashed avocado, cut open avocado, remove seed and using a fork, mash the flesh right in the skin…it’s like a bowl. Spread on bun for a great creamy condiment!
I hope this makes you want to get in the kitchen and cook.
I encourage you to make these soon and often…Enjoy!