Hi, my name is Julie and I am The Simple Veganista. I began a vegan lifestyle in the early part of 2011 and haven’t looked back. Since then I’ve become passionate about creating healthy vegan dishes, some 100% raw, and sharing in hopes to inspire others. I adopted this lifestyle for health reasons but soon found out about the practices of factory farming and have simply changed my perception about our use of animals, sentient beings they are, for a multitude of things. I LOVE eating a plant based diet and it has grown into what you see here. I started this blog in July of 2012 as a way to share my celebration of foods that are clean, nutrient dense as possible and cruelty free, taking focus off of animal products and processed foods. In essence, I share with you all the simple, beautiful plant foods there are to eat and the different ways to put them together that taste great. Eating a plant based diet has truly become a joy. Vegan food is not boring, complicated or expensive. There is a vast array of foods we can choose everyday that is good for the whole.
Eating vegan is not about restrictions, it’s about creating new habits, healthy habits that encompass the world around us making it a better place for all.
I prefer to eat my foods in as natural a state as possible but do love cooked dishes as well. All of my dishes are put together with as much organic produce/products as possible as I believe our food should be clean of pesticides and GMO’s. I will be making my own creations as well as re-creating, or veganizing, recipes I find appealing. I am no chef but I know what I like, and am learning & expanding all the time. Join me on this lifelong adventure as we learn to eat for health, animal rights (everything is better when its cruelty free) and environmental sustainability. Veganism is liberation, not just for animals, but for all life!
If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to contact me at
Random bits & pieces:
- I’m a mother of 2 amazing kids, boy and girl, they have made for a full and lively life.
- Born in 1969, I still feel like I’m in my 20’s. Where did the time go!
- Almost every night I eat a chunk of my favorite 72% dark chocolate dipped in raw almond butter.
- I have a cat, Dewey, and a small dog, Piper…both in need of a loving home, they found it.
- Begin anywhere!
- Orchids are one of my favorite flowers (thanks to my beautiful mom who has quite the collection).
- Two words that sum me up perfectly…quirky and eclectic.
- I’ve learned that life is too short to be closed minded.
- I shy away from the camera but love taking pictures.
- I have the best parents in the world…just because they are!
- Simplicity is beautiful.
- I’m actually a very quiet person which is why I don’t say much other than talking about the food I share with you. Anyone close to me knows this to be true. I can’t tell a story for anything. LOL I just hope to inspire you with delicious plant-based foods…that is my main goal! I’ll try to work more on my creative writing. :)
- Creativity and inspiration…pass it on!
To learn more about veganism, health, nutrition and some of my personal interests, feel free to visit my Youtube channel…’HeArt of Living‘
Serving nothing but love from my kitchen to yours…
Thank you for stopping by, may you and all that surrounds you be healthy & well!